Rabbits are smart, active and so full of mischief. (But mischievous rabbits are so lovable… are we right?) Caring for a bunny requires the right rabbit supplies, like a variety of food for a balanced diet. So that means it’s super important to buy high-quality Timothy hay-based pelleted rabbit food if you choose to supplement your bun’s diet with pellets. Rabbit pellets are great for a little extra nutrition.
And we’ve got the perfect option for rabbits that you’ll need to keep your friend happy, healthy and fit. A rabbit’s diet is all about balance. So shop balance and buy balance; give your rabbit a rabbity life with our awesome food. Direct to your door at the click of a button. Our quality won’t be outdone. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Try ‘em. You won’t regret it.
Our bunny’s health (and safety), always comes first. They have complex needs and digestive systems, and these things require the right diet. It’s a balance, of course.
Rabbit hay should make up about 80% of the diet. The other 20% should come from fresh greens and pellets. Remember though, pellets should only be used as supplemental rabbit food. Rabbits need a diet rich in hay and greens because these foods are rich in the nutrients they need to keep them healthy.
Only choose a high-quality Timothy-hay based pellet. We can’t stress this enough. Stay away from junky pet store rabbit food pellets; they’re packed with unsafe ingredients and can cause obesity. These mixes may look appealing, but they don’t have the nutrients your rabbit deserves. And needs.
Pellets should account for the smallest part of the diet. If you notice your bunny isn’t eating as much hay, cut back on the pelleted rabbit food.
While pellets aren’t necessary if you’re providing your rabbit with a diet rich in hay and greens, if your bunny loves them, you can feed 1/8 cup for a medium-sized rabbit once per day.
Rabbits absolutely need access to hay 24/7. It’s the honest to goodness truth. Constant access helps prevent stasis. We want to keep those digestive systems moving. Plus, rabbit hay helps buns satisfy the natural urge to chew, and encourages their love of foraging and grazing. With all that hay-munching, those teeth will wear down. And that’s a good thing.
We know it’s obvious, but a friendly reminder never hurts. A rabbit should always have access to fresh water in a clean suspension bottle. No exceptions.
There are tons of options. Some good ones are: dandelion greens, basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, deep colored lettuce varieties (romaine, arugula), cabbage leaves. The list goes on and on. Just make sure you do your homework before offering the rabbit food. Be safe, not sorry.
A rabbit’s diet is all about balance. Make sure hay is always accessible, healthy greens and veggies are fed, and if you so choose, a high-quality Timothy-based pellet is offered. The rabbit supplies you buy your bun matter. Balance = healthy. Healthy = Happy. And we like happy bunnies.
We have stores in each of these regions... choose the one closest to you!